Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Am I Hearing You Right?

Yesterday we took Colin in for his 9 month check up. Everything was going so well until our doctor looked into his ears and told us, "He has an ear infection...in both ears." What?! Since when? I had no idea, which made me feel like a bad mom/stranger to him. I always thought you'd KNOW when your kid has an ear infection...screaming, kicking, crying...the signs would all be there. He hasn't had any of these. So this leads me to believe that he must just be a bad ass. What other options are there?!

As for the other man in my life, he's registered for a basketball league with some people in Albany, his old stomping ground. Now that the hassle of signing up/paying is over, I think he's really getting excited to play again and I must say I'm getting just as excited to watch him. There's just something about a basketball player! :)

Lastly, because they made such a big impact on me, I made some chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting this weekend. I don't mean to gloat, but they were pretty dang incredible. So if anyone ever wants a batch of cupcakes for any reason, just let me know...because I am always willing to whip up a few (with a couple extra for me to eat!)

2 comments:

  1. I am also excited for the ensuing "basketball" games (We Used To Be Good was my idea :)) For me, it's the football player, but I'll take basketball if I have to...much safer on these old bodies they have :) See you Saturday! And I wouldn't be mad if you brought a batch of that sin you call a chocolate cupcake with peanutbutter frosting..yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this comment! Arg!! I don't have time now to make any of those cupcakes...lord have mercy they are good though! BUT I have been baking multiple types of banana bread tonight. I JUST wrote a post about how I don't know what I'll do with all of it, so just be prepared for a baked banana treat from me tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete