Friday, January 15, 2010

Sarah Sarah Bo Berah Banana Fana Fo Farah

It's a Friday night, and I am doing my favorite hobby: baking. I save all the bananas that get a little too brown for us to eat in the freezer so I can use them later on when I want to bake some goodies.

Well, yesterday I went to the store and I tried to put some my new best friends (bags of sweet potato fries) into the freezer...and that's when I saw them. A months worth of bananas just staring back at me.

So, I decided once Colin would go to bed that I would get crackin. I know that's weird, to begin baking at 8:00 at night, but once I get home from work, I like to spend time with Shane and Colin until he goes to bed, then I focus on "me" stuff. A half bottle of Pinot Noir and 2 different batches of banana concoctions later, I realized that I have no idea what I am going to do with all this bread.

I have 2 loaves of regular banana bread, and one huge heart shaped pan of Chocolate Banana Bread (so good...I'll share the recipe below!). It's frustrating that my favorite thing to do is also the reason sweets are a constant present in our house!! Chocolate chip cookies? Oh yes. Toffee Crunch Cheesecake? Uh huh. Chocolate Brownie Fudge cookies? You know it!!

So my decision has come down to this...all of you lovely people I will see tomorrow (Shane's family - I'm talking to you), get ready for some baked treats, from my kitchen to yours. :)

Here's the recipe I was talking about...it's delish!! (and only 268 calories per serving!)

Ingredients for 12 servings

* 1/2 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 3 bananas, mashed
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup light sour cream
* 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment