Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's been a while...

Life is crazy. Let me just start by saying that much! The past few months have been filled with so much stuff I don't even remember most of it. I know there were birthday parties, baby showers, BBQ's, playdates and so much more than I fear it's all turning to mush inside my head.

I had hoped I'd be a little more proactive when it came to writing on this thing, but it turns out I'm finding no time to get the inspiration to write anything. I'll touch on our more recent/interesting adventures and add pictures as I go along.

Colin had surgery yesterday to have tubes inserted into his ears due to a several month long infection in both ears. The doctor said that he had so much fluid build-up that he wouldn't even be able to conduct a hearing test and it seriously devastated me to think about my sweet little boy being in pain this whole time.

I'm not one for just pumping medicine into our bodies whenever we don't feel well, but I do think it's important to use them in order to be able to get the type of rest our bodies need. This has made it really hard on me to think that Colin may have been suffering through these ear problems with no relief. The problem is that he normally is in high spirits. Unless he has a wet diaper, is hungry or tired the kid is smiling and running around the house. Normal, right?!

I'm hoping this alleviates the problems he has had with his ears as I've heard it has done for so many other kids. Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment