Monday, June 20, 2011

Foster Four

Hello friends.

It's been quite some time...

I haven't written in a while because as most of you know, I had a baby three months ago and to be honest, I wasn't sure if anyone actually read my blog since all I was doing was whining about every aspect of being pregnant.

I think I stopped writing because I have two children and also because I forgot I even had a blog. It wasn't until I began casually perusing some baking blogs this weekend that I realized how much I missed it. So here I am, not claiming to be better about posting, but making an effort on this random Monday because I just can't bring myself to actually work.

Now, to catch you up...

I don't remember what my last entry was about, but I bet it went something like this: "Blah, blah, blah, I must have done something awful to deserve this, blah, blah, blah, curse my husband for doing this to me, blah, blah, blah, my scale just broke."

I can make fun of myself now for complaining, but I definitely still have those same feelings. I didn't enjoy being pregnant this go-around and I do not hope to do it again. All that aside, what I got out of the pregnancy was so enormously rewarding that in the end, I can now say it was all worth it.

I'll skip the traumatic horror story of how Evan was born and just tell you that after having a difficult time dealing with being pregnant for 40 weeks, the arrival of my sweet baby cheeks was the painful cherry on top of my I-hate-pregnancy sundae.

Now, let's get on to the happy stuff!

My beautiful little Evan has been the easiest and sweetest baby I could have ever hoped for. If you happen to be lucky enough to squeeze his chubby bunny cheeks, you'll be rewarded with a heart-melting grin and adorable squeal or coo. His tiny fingers and frog belly fill me up with so much love that my already sensitive hormones kick start the waterworks even faster than usual.

Colin runs in to see us every morning with a huge smile and shouts, "It's baby Evan!!". I think he is under the impression that the name is literally, "Baby Evan".

Colin is getting so big that it's almost scary. His personality matches his red hair perfectly because that little dude is one fiery mister! Life with two kids is not easy, but it's also not as hard as I thought it would be. I definitely attribute that to my better half. It's moments when I walk into the living room and see this that prove I chose the right person to raise a family with...



The first few times I ventured out of what used to be our fairly normal looking home, I'd come back to realize it had turned into one big closet where some maniac (certainly not me!) was storing an obscene amount of baby-related items. To try and keep it organized seemed pointless. Every piece of furniture transformed into a changing table when I needed it to and every nook and cranny was stuffed with wipes, diapers and usually a Thomas the Train that had wandered off its path. I once found one in the fridge, trying it's hardest to chug past the carton of orange juice.

The neat freak in me is pulling her hair out and begging for me to lock the door so no one can ever see it, but the realist in me is brushing baby powder off her shoulders and saying "fo'getabowdit!"

My biggest challenge has definitely been to lose the baby weight. There have been so many excuses to make treats lately that every time I sit down to eat, more often than not, there's a cupcake sitting where my vegetables should be. I've done alright at getting rid of most of the weight, but if I want to wear any type of bathing suit this summer, I'm going to need to get a padlock for my pantry.

Now that you're pretty much caught up on what I've been up to, here are some recent pictures from the past few weeks.

We often go to a local farm called Lone Pine. They have a big playground for kids as well as goats you can feed! Colin wasn't too happy when I tried to get a picture of him feeding the goats (see pouty face in stroller) but all was forgiven after a few turns down the slide.





Shane and I took the kids to the zoo about a month ago and Colin was in awe over the huge tanks. You can barely see him here (little kid in the middle with his arms pressed up against the glass).



Shane likes to get donuts for breakfast (ok, we ALL like it) and Colin is a huge fan of maple bars.





I let Colin watch an episode of Special Agent Oso where he teaches a little kid how to blow his nose. Colin went to the tissue box, grabbed one and walked over to the TV. He then told Oso that he already knows how to do it.



Here are a few pictures of my little men enjoying one of the 5 minute intervals of Oregon sun.





Hope you enjoyed my quick catch-up on the Foster Four!

2 comments:

  1. Incredible writing, as usual. My only negative feedback: Use the expensive camera we bought!!! We bought it for a reason, silly :) These are pretty much all cell phone pictures.

    Love you,

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, have several critiques. First, the Oregon sun comes out in 7-minute intervals. Check your stats. And what's up with those goats? They are giving me goat eyes. Those creatures can't be trusted. They could steal your baby and raise him as one of their own. That might amuse Shane but its no way to live a life.

    Ok jokes aside, this was a great post and I am so glad you are back in the blogging world! I feel motivated to come back too. Soon! :)

    ReplyDelete