Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Camera!

As some of you might know, Shane and I have been in the market for a new video camera of some sort. We had one for many years, but it saw it's final days a few months ago when a tape got stuck in it and Shane felt compelled to take it completely apart. It then sat on his desk, collecting dust and odds that it would be tossed out.

I wasn't quite sure what to do. We had a decent Canon digital camera that we had gotten about a year and a half ago. It took video, but the quality wasn't good enough to make it our sole device for capturing all those one of a kind moments. I researched the Flip UltraHD camera, the Kodak Zi8 camera, pretty much every Sony camera....basically any type of camera that was on the market was under my scrutiny. I couldn't decide if I wanted to carry around TWO cameras, sacrifice zoom quality or deal with a smaller memory that required me to upload every 1 to 2 hours.

In the back of my mind, there was also that little voice that was telling me to just give in and get a DSLR camera. I have wanted one for so long but could never really justify the cost. The second factor was the size. They all were roughly the same size and weight (that I had looked into) which was a little too big for my taste.

That's when I finally came across the Sony Alpha NEX-3. It's basically one of the smallest, lightest interchangeable lens digital cameras there are and the quality is that of a DLSR AND it films HD movies. I bought it a few weeks ago and I've been going crazy taking pictures, video and trying to familiarize myself with all of the settings it has to offer. I'm definitely excited to have everything I need in ONE camera while not compromising the size. Don't get me wrong, the lens is still big, but the body of the camera is small, which is a great balance.

I promise to have one post filled with just pictures and/or video from our latest purchase and I can't wait to see how beautiful the shots turn out when edited by my in-house graphic designer. :)

So if you're unable to locate me, just listen for the endless repeat of "Cheese!" coming from Colin and my squeals of delight as I gaze at each shot. I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment