Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun and stops when you're pregnant

It's been about 2 months since my last post and honestly, I just haven't felt like writing. In truth, I haven't felt like doing ANYTHING. The smallest chores and tasks now feel like huge hassles and burdens that have been thrown at me simply to make life more difficult.

It hasn't been much of secret that I am OVER being pregnant. I feel bad for saying it, but there is no amount of energy in me that can be spared to muster up a fake response when asked how I'm feeling lately. With Colin, I loved being pregnant. I enjoyed every milestone, every month, every kick/jab combo...those were all reminders of the amazing transformation that was happening.

This time, the pregnancy fairies must have run out of delusional dust when they got to me. I only feel what I imagine to be fingers and toes playing harp with my ribcage and am increasingly aware of this little guy who is stealing the space reserved for my stomach and bladder. I'm reminded every time I eat a little too much or wait a little too long to go to the bathroom. He then begins treating me like a bouncy house, ricocheting from one side to the other in what must be attempts to do a triple back flip.

I'm sure it has a great deal to do with the fact that this time around I'm no longer able to lay on the couch for hours on end, eating wheat thins with string cheese and reminding myself that I'm pregnant, therefore allowed to be lazy. This time I'm chasing a naked toddler who runs about the house yelling "choo-choo!!" and calling our cat a "Titty". Don't get me wrong, it's been a great distraction. Up until the past month or so, Colin's energy and schedule have kept my mind off the ordeal my body was going through. But lately, it's been hard to find anything that can replace the mental countdown until baby #2 arrives. I know, I know....I won't be getting any rest once the baby comes! This hasn't been about rest for me. It's been about the restrictions my body faces as I grow larger, which isn't easy on someone who likes to be active and say, touch or even SEE her toes.

So this is for all the pregnant women who have ever been sweaty, puffy, uncomfortable and jiggly. If I could, I'd waddle over and give you a hug because you deserve it. And if you're anything like me the first time I was pregnant: glowing, giddy, energetic and joyful...I'd like to waddle over and punch you in the face.

2 comments:

  1. Aww sorry you're feeling so poopy! You are normally so active so its hard. Maybe blogging or journaling can help? Your posts are so clever and fun to read.
    and sorry im one of the giddy newbies... you can give me a jab if that helps. Im here for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Sar. Having just been there myself for the second time, I know what you're going through and I FEEL for you! The second time around was way more uncomfortable, exhausting, and frustrating. But you're in the final stretch now! I LOVE reading your blogs! They are so well written and funny. Love u!

    ReplyDelete